Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Waiting on" Wednesday: Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are barely able to restrain our enthusiasm for.

My pick this week is Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler due out December 27, 2011 by Little, Brown.

Summary from Goodreads:

Why We Broke UpI'm telling you why we broke up, Ed. I'm writing it in this letter, the whole truth of why it happened.

Min Green and Ed Slaterton are breaking up, so Min is writing Ed a letter and giving him a box. Inside the box is why they broke up. Two bottle caps, a movie ticket, a folded note, a box of matches, a protractor, books, a toy truck, a pair of ugly earrings, a comb from a motel room, and every other item collected over the course of a giddy, intimate, heartbreaking relationship. Item after item is illustrated and accounted for, and then the box, like a girlfriend, will be dumped
.

My Thoughts:

I hadn't really thought of putting this on my WoW radar because I had read one of the Series of Unfortunate Events books and was less than impressed. So with that in the forefront of my mind the first time I came across this title I just disregarded it. However, upon one of my library co-workers (who also reviews books professionally) saying that it was a really, really good read and right up my alley I decided to turn my radar back to it and am now anticipating it's release.

So, tell me, what are you waiting on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment