Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (2)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren where bloggers share what books we have either received or purchased that week.

This is a cumulative list from the past few weeks (I'm pretty sure this is going to be how it goes, not so much weekly as every few weeks but I'll try). Also, I seem to have gotten a lot of blue and purple books in this batch--as opposed to the reds from last time.

From the library:


My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
This premise is ripe for misadventure and mishaps--Brooklyn is letting her blog followers make her life decisions. Can't wait to dive in.

Hourglass by Myra McEntire
I have read so many good reviews for this book that I just had to try it for myself.

Zombie Haiku by Ryan Mecum
I'm not big on poetry but a friend of mine really enjoyed it so I'll give it a try.

Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby
Fairies=good story. Giant killer fairies=awesome story! (I hope.)

Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen
I'm not a big fan of vampire books but I do love a good book where a character comes right out of the pages of a story so I'll try this one out since it's more about the people after vampires, not the vampires themselves.


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
So many good reviews (and peer pressure) have finally gotten this book on my TBR pile.

The A Circuit by Georgina Bloomberg and Catherine Hapka
The horse on the cover got to me. Yes, I am still a horse-crazy little girl at heart. I don't know if it will be good but, IT HAS A HORSE ON THE COVER!

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (audio)
 This happened to be on the shelf (when the books are checked out with holds galore) so I snapped it up and am already listening to it. So far, so good.

Notes from the Blender by Trish Cook and Brendan Halpin
I wasn't too impressed with Halpin's last co-writing offering (Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance) but this seems like an interesting story so I'll give it a try.


For review:

Thanks to NetGalley publishers HarperTeen and HarlequinTeen and Simon & Schuster GalleyGrab.

I'm not really sure what this is about other than she's a girl marked for heroism but hasn't done anything besides raid kitchens and read ancient texts.

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
I adored her book, Ice, so even though I'm not big into vampires this one seems interesting--a vampire is stabbed by a sparkly unicorn and gains the ability to withstand daylight and gets a conscience.

Fury by Elizabeth Miles
I'm thinking this might be a little like the show Supernatural?

The tale of Prince Ash and Puck. 'Nuff said.

The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
It caught my attention when it was described as "Hunger Games" meets "Harry Potter." We'll see if it lives up to the hype.

0 comments:

Post a Comment