Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Waiting on" Wednesday: Bitterblue (tentative) by Kristin Cashore


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are barely able to restrain our enthusiasm for.

My pick this week is Bitterblue (tentative title) by Kristin Cashore due out June 21, 2012 by Dial.

From Kristin Cashore's blog, This Is My Secret:
Book 3, tentatively titled Bitterblue, is a companion book to both Graceling and Fire and takes place in the seven kingdoms eight years after Graceling (not six, as I'd written previously). As you may have gathered, the protagonist is Bitterblue. Yes, Katsa, Po, and others from Graceling do appear in the book. I will be able to provide a release date soon for Bitterblue; it won't be too much longer; but that's all I can say about it at this point.
(No cover art as of yet. Boo-hoo. So instead I'll share one of the international Graceling covers. This is the Danish language volume 2--for some reason they split the book into two volumes.)

My Thoughts:
I loved the audio of Graceling and mostly enjoyed Fire. I'm waiting to get back to the time that includes Katsa and Po (love them!) and find out how their kingdoms are doing. And I really enjoyed the character of Bitterblue in Graceling so for her to get her own story would be great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment