Monday, August 22, 2011

In My Mailbox (4)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren where bloggers share what books we have either received or purchased that week.

This is a huge backlog from since I've come back from vacation. I (unwisely) chose to unfreeze my holds a few days before my return. Needless to say I am now inundated with way too many books

From the library:

Dead Rules by Randy Russell
 Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley
Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Belladonna by Mary Finn


Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook)
I had been literally checking my library account FOREVER, uh, every single day waiting for them to get it processed and on the shelf to me--that was a time when I wish my employee status got me the book faster.
The Ruby Notebook by Laura Resau
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I procrastinated way too long to read Maggie's other books after admitting my love of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I have no excuse for my failure but I will rectify it immediately.
The premise put me in mind a bit of Beauty Queens by Libba Bray so we'll see how it goes.
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Cloaked by Alex Flinn

And to add even more stuff to my mailbox I ran across some more unbeatable deals at both barnesandnoble.com and amazon.com for books all under $4.
Bought:

I love, Love, LOVE this book and decided that I couldn't beat the price and had to have a copy of my own.
My Life as an Experiment: One Man's Humble Quest to Improve Himself by Living As a Woman, Becoming George Washington, Telling No Lies, and Other Radical Tests by A.J. Jacobs
I listened to the audio of this book and it was so much fun--the things people will do for the sake of journalism. It's nice that you can read a chapter at a time for separate experiments he does.
Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
Beginner's Greek by James Collins



Secretariat by William Nack
Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers
If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
The audio version of this book had me desiring to stay in my car to finish it and if you knew how much I hate commuting then you would know how much I enjoyed listening to this story.

I have way more than I know what to do with but, still, I want to know--what's in your mailbox?



0 comments:

Post a Comment