Thursday, June 16, 2011

Welcome to my book review blog!


Hello to those of you that have found your way here! Yes, this is yet another in a long line of book review blogs that are popping up all over the blogosphere (is that word still en vogue?). I decided I was at a point in my life (and career as a librarian) that I needed to keep better track of what I was reading and how I felt about those books. One of the most popular questions I get asked while working in my public library setting is, "Can you recommend a good book to me?" This is my way of keeping track of those good books (and maybe some not-so-good books) that I read.

Admittedly, a majority of what you will see here on review are going to be young adult because that seems to be my go-to genre. Once in a while I will be inclined to review (or post an accompaniment link) to a book of another genre.

In all honesty I'm a fan of several blogs that have very unique review styles and I'm still trying to come to grips with my own. So I'm sure, over time, you will see some transformations occur. In the meantime, I'm pleased you can join me and hope you stick around to see where this little project goes.

Thanks and just keep readin'!

You can e-mail me at: thereaderandthebook (@) gmail (dot) com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment